Extend Or Change Condition

Canada allows most of its temporary residents to stay for some extra time if required due to some circumstances. If extension is approved, it doesn’t mean that the applicant can leave and re-enter Canada. For leaving and returning to Canada Applicant must have a valid visa.

To be eligible to extend stay applicant must:

  • Have a valid passport with an expiry date of more than 6 months or more.
  • Have a authentic reason to stay longer than the time granted while you previously entered Canada.
  • Apply for extension 30 days before the current status expires.
Applicant can change their status from
  • Study permit to a Visitor record
  • Work permit to a visitor recorded
  • And extend their stay as a visitor in Canada

Any of the above said applications can be applied online and once the application is submitted applicant continue to stay in Canada, due to the Maintained status, until a decision is made on the application is made.

If you wish to apply for a extension or change your status in Canada, you should fill out our free assessment form or book a consultation session to assess your potential opportunities about the extension or changing your status and advice accordingly. There might be an initial consultation fees applicable. Being a certified Immigration Consultants in Canada, I can help you with extension or changing your status process to continue your stay in Canada. I will complete your entire application package for you, handle all correspondence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and keep you informed throughout the entire process.


Information provided in this article is only as of a general ground. It could be no longer valid. It does not give legal advice, nor should you rely on it as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, you should consult a Regulated Canadian immigration consultant or lawyer. If you are looking for immigration advice, You should book an appointment at your earliest convenience.