Invite Parents or Grandparents

Canadian Permanent residents and citizens can invite their Parents and grandparents though Super visa. This visa is valid for 10 years or till the expiry of the passport, which ever comes first. Uniqueness of this visa is that the visitor parents and grandparents can stay in Canada for 2 years continuously but only once in the period of 10 years. While a visitor visa will allow to stay not more than 6 months.


  1. Be Parents or Grandparents of the Canadian Permanent residents and citizens
  2. Medical insurance at least $100,000 coverage
  3. Apply from outside Canada
  4. Medical and police clearance
  6. Proof of funds
  7. Purpose of visit
  8. Home country ties

To invite Your Parents and grandparents one must meet the flowing requirements:

  1. Must meet the Minimum necessary income
  2. Letter of invitation:
  • Promising Financial support for entire length of your stay.
  • List of people in household
  • Documents proving the relationship
  • Reason of invitation
  1. Employment insurance stubs
  2. Employment letter
  3. Pay stub
  4. Bank statement
  5. Proof of status in Canada
  6. Proof of paid medical insurance
  7. More supporting documents


If you wish to apply for a Super visa for your parents or grandparents, or for yourself, to visit Canada, you should  fill out our free assessment form or book a consultation session to assess your potential opportunities about this Visa and get an advice accordingly. There might be an initial consultation fees applicable. Being a certified Immigration Consultants in Canada, I can help you with Super visa process to continue your stay in Canada. I will complete your entire application package for you, handle all correspondence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and keep you informed throughout the entire process.

Information provided in this article is only as of a general ground. It could be no longer valid. It does not give legal advice, nor should you rely on it as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, you should consult a Regulated Canadian immigration consultant or lawyer. If you are looking for immigration advice, you should book an appointment at your earliest convenience