Study Permit

Study Canada is the first choice of almost every student applying for higher studies from around the world. Millions of students from across the world dream about studying in Canada. Studying in Canada is not only invigorating but also rewarding for most of international students if they comply the student permit conditions.  Most foreign nationals require a study permit to study in Canada.

Majority of the courses, whether they are short term of 3 to 6 months or long terms from 9 months to 4 years, have their main intake is in April and September each year. If the course is less than 6 months long, you’ll only need a visitor visa to enter Canada and complete your studies. However, if the study is for more than 6 months you’ll have to apply for a student permit and the Temporary resident visa. To apply for study visa first you need to obtain a LOA from the educational institution. There are more than 95 universities and colleges in Canada, however the institute that you choose should be approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students.


  • Letter Of Acceptance (LOA) from a Canadian designated learning Institute (DUI)
  • A valid passport or travel document that is valid for time not less than the study course that you have chosen.
  • Proof of financial support, that you have enough money to pay your college fees and support your stay in Canada.
  • Clear Criminal and medical record
  • A GIC account of at least $10,000. (This amount is for the student to support himself for the first 5-6 months of life in Canada)
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.

The majority of study courses are followed by an Open work permit for international students. The length of this OWP depends on the Length of study one has chosen.

  • If you wish to move to Canada through the Study Permit programs, you should  fill out our free assessment form or book a consultation session to assess your potential opportunities and advise you the best immigration pathway for you. There might be an initial consultation fee applicable. Being a certified Immigration Consultants in Canada, I can help chose an appropriate study program to start here and come to Canada. You may come to Canada permanently only by meeting minimum criteria for these programs. I will complete your entire application package for you, handle all correspondence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and keep you informed throughout the entire process.

Information provided in this article is only as of a general Information. It could be no longer valid. It does not give legal advice, nor should you rely on it as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, you should consult a Regulated Canadian immigration consultant or lawyer. If you are looking for immigration advice, you should book an appointment at your earliest convenience.