This program is for the foreign nationals who want to immigrate to Canada by providing the caregiver Services. Every program has its own eligibilities and requirements. First the employer should have a positive LMIA only then the applicant can apply for the work permit. If the applicant meets all requirements, he/she would be permitted to work in Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker. Thereafter, if the applicant complies with the Work permit requirement for 2 years, this experience may count towards your eligibility for permanent residence.

These are the different streams:



In most cases, applicant can apply for a work permit to work in Canada temporarily as a caregiver through the TFWP if one of these applies to you:

Applicant can’t apply for a new work permit (that needs an LMIA) in the following cases:

  • Your employer applied for an LMIA on or after June 18, 2019, and
    •  you’re applying for a work permit from outside Canada through the TFWP and
    • you plan to work in a province or territory other than Quebec
  • You apply for a work permit at a port of entry on or after April 22, 2022.
  • You’re in Canada as a visitor and apply for your first work permit on or after April 22, 2022.

Closed programs

If you wish to immigrate to Canada through any of the Caregiver programs, you should fill our free assessment form or book an appointment to assess your potential opportunities and advise you the best immigration pathway for you. There might be a initial consultation fees applicable. Being a certified Immigration Consultants in Canada, I can help chose a an appropriate program to come to Canada. You may come to Canada permanently only by meeting minimum criteria for these programs. I will complete your entire application package for you, handle all correspondence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and keep you informed throughout the entire process.

  • Disclaimer:

Information provided in this article is only as of a general ground. It could be no longer valid. It does not give legal advice, nor should you rely on it as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, you should consult a Regulated Canadian immigration consultant or lawyer. If you are looking for immigration advice, You should book an appointment at your earliest convenience.